Saturday, January 30, 2010

So Much To Post!

Dixie- yelling "Your Babies are home!"
Joyce and Molly- the wonderful girls who run the Toddler house





The last 2 or is it 3 weeks have been such a roller coaster of emotion. Hearing about the earthquake, finding out Alex was OK, hearing he was scared, that they were running out of food and water. Wow....what an emotional time it was. I spent about 4 days frantically emailing and calling everyone I could think of and actually got some great responses. Fox News came and did a story, NBC Nightly contacted me and then most helpful of all was a guy named John who works for Congressman Walt Minnick. He was so compassionate and so helpful- talking to me even through the weekend. His whole office got involved and made tons of calls on our behalf. Dixie said that is the reason these kids are home...the family's congressmen/women calling and not letting it go. We are so thankful for them.

As we grew more and more panicked Josh (my brother) and Scott were coming up with all kinds of ideas for how to get Alex home. Take a boat in, fly by helicopter from the Dominican Republic. Seriously..we had some plans in the works. But then Praise the Lord...humanitarian parole was granted!! We found out Monday night and then on Wednesday found out they had a plane to get the kids out. We flew all night Wednesday night, then hung out in Miami with other adoptive families and waited. Finally the next day we met our precious boy!!! Words can not describe what I felt when I finally held that boy in my arms. The most prayed for, celebrated little boy! The boy I have longed to hold, the boy I have sobbed over and literally begged God for. Wow.....a miracle is what it would take to bring him home so soon..and a miracle it was. I will post more tomorrow. Gotta go to bed now!

3 comments:

Amber and Nala said...

Yea!! He is such a cutie and I am so happy for you guys. :) Happy he is safe with you and can get all the love and attention he deserves. What does he think of Gracie? :)

Amber

Melissa said...

When I promised you that I would pray everyday for Alex to come home soon, I never in my wildest dreams imagnined God would answer this way!

Becky said...

This is such a great story-we are so glad for you!!!