Stories and events that happen at the Hoefer House! All of them crazy...most of them good....
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
The Zoo!
Wow...I have not been a good blogger lately! In between the multiples of school projects, end of the year school stuff, Scott out of town randomly, overnight guests, and appointments, it has just kind of slipped my mind. There is no way I can catch up on the last couple months but I will do a couple random posts.
We went to the zoo with my good friend Erica and 3 of her 5 kids. Emmett had spent the night with us, so he came with Avery and Alex. The big girls were still in school. So between the 2 of us we had 6 kids, but each were missing 2! We felt like we were on a reality TV show as with all the kids being between 5-7 we made quite the raucous! And there is just something about living in Boise and being a white mom with dark kids that makes people do a double take.
The kids all had a great time and Erica and I had fun too. Our conversations are always so jumbled but we always enjoy each other. We have similar parenting strategies so it is fun to do outings together. We both get the chaos of kids and neither is horrified by meltdowns or multiple issues. Just how it goes with some kids. ☺ I love that Alex has some friends who have dark skin and a white parents and white sisters even! I think it's important that he see that there are other families that look a little like ours. ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment