
So today for the 2nd week in a row I got to spend my morning that is supposed to be my morning off mothering duty, going to the Pumpkin Patch. Not that I mind spending my precious 2 hours that are mine and mine alone walking with a group of preschoolers through a field to choose pumpkins. Anyway today was Avery's day to go and since last week was cold I thought this week, "Forget the cute pumpkin shirt and tutu, we are dressing warm." Well, we didn't dress warm enough!! It was freezing. I found myself acting like I was in Ellensburg, complaining about the freezing temperatures and checking my watch every 2 minutes hoping an hour had passed. Avery was more of a trooper than me but not much. Since she likes to be carried during all new situations she wasn't into me putting her down. So I held her, the pumpkin, the camera, and the water bottle, oh- also my Starbucks! In the bitter cold while my hands were going numb! Avery also wouldn't let me take any pictures but I managed to get a couple. She eventually chose a pure green pumpkin, but I was not permitted to photograph it. I must say I am so grateful to be back home in our warm house eating nachos made from Doritos for lunch. Oh the life....
Also don't be offended if I deleted your previous comments. The paranoid in me got to thinking what if someone mentioned in the previous post stumbled upon my blog. I would be mortified and feel terrible if it hurt her feelings, which I would imagine it would. Anyway it is over and done with, life goes on, and no one seems to remember the incident besides me. As a mom sometimes it feels harder to let go of injustices to your child than yourself. Anyway.....moving on.....
No comments:
Post a Comment