Tuesday, May 18, 2010

American Girl- Chicago









So you longtime faithful blog readers will remember that when Hailey went to the AG store in LA I devoted at least 4 or 5 posts to the event. Well since Karis is the middle child...she's just going to get 1 post...but hey....I have 4 little excuses running around! Last week my mom and dad took us to Chicago! My dad had a meeting there so my mom decided we might as well join him. We stayed at the beautiful Omni hotel. (Sound familiar- that's what Oprah always says at the end of her show...guests stay there). It was so fun!! It was really special for me to have some time just with Karis. I'd never had that much one-on-one with her. She was definitely a little quieter and much more reserved. Except when we'd get around other children...then she'd be all about playing with them and getting to know them.

For months she and Hailey talked about what doll she would get. She was determined to get Kaya or Elizabeth but then a couple weeks ago she decided she wanted a girl like you. I kept wondering what it would come down to and worried she'd change her mind after she bought the doll. But no....she chose a girl like you and hasn't looked back. She loves how it does look like her and so many people commented on that. She was so cute getting her...saying it was the best day of her life! She then said it was kind of like when we got Alex....umm....not quite pretty girl!!

We went to the AG store everyday and also did a variety of other shopping...of course....my mother is a professional shopper. I lOVE Chicago...it was so fun..everything was so close so we walked everywhere.

Karis named her doll Sally Madison Rosie. One of the first things she did when she got the doll was to call Hailey. I love the bond they share...so sweet. We also got her twin doll's hair done, photos done, and lots of accessory and furniture shopping for the dolls. All too soon it was time to go home. We were all sad. It was so fun to be with my parents and she loved the one-on-one time. Papa even took her to the pool for a couple hours while I shopped with my mom. It was sooo relaxing travelling with 1 child...so easy I can't even describe it....so that was a nice break for me because my days here aren't so easy. :)

Anyway it was a great time and we are so thankful for such loving and generous grandparents!!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!

Nancy said...

How sweet! The photos of Karis are just precious. I'm glad you had such a great time. You obviously need a good break now and then as all great mommies do!