Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Craziness






So I just have to blog about my crazy morning! It's Hailey's last day of school so she wanted to get all gussied up. So I got her up and pretty much let the little 3 do whatever...run around in jammies and play while I curled her hair. Then we had to take pictures. Then she informed me that she really, really wanted her ears pierced again and could I please try and force the earrings through her old holes. I was quite nervous but she said, "It's OK Mother...I will breathe through the pain." I was laughing so hard over that. Worked on the ears for awhile, finally dipped the earrings in neosporin and got them in! She was thrilled. OK...the neigbhor arrives and off she goes to school.

Karis then wants her hair curled. I start to work on it when Avery comes to tell me someone is at the door. It is another neighbor (the same neighbor who let me borrow her van when I locked the keys in the house and who consoled Rachael when she was locked out and we were in Haiti) who tells me that her husband is about to land his helicopter in the school yard and to grab the kids and come watch. The school is about 3/4 mile away so I grab the kids....A & A in jammies and no one with shoes on. I pop them into the bike trailer and off we go.

Well about half way there the bike trailer comes off and somehow part of it gets caught in the spoke of my bike wheel and we can't move. In the middle of the one road you have to cross to get to the school. So I tell all the kids to get out and I attempt to hoist my bike back onto the bike trail. I was wondering what to do...didn't want to miss the helicopter but knew there was no way I could make it to the school with 3 kids and no shoes walking. Same with getting back home. It's only 3/4 a mile you are thinking. Well have you ever tried walking with 3 children half a mile with no shoes?! It takes a lot of time and persuasion.

As I was sitting there contemplating the best approach...with 2 kids in jammies and runny noses....a woman I recognized but had never met pulled over and offered to help. She ended up driving us to school as not to miss the helicopter. Then she went home, got her husband, and he undid my bike and brought it to school but unfortunately it has a flat front tire. In the meantime I found my neighbor who offered to ride her bike back home, get her van, and come get us. Then the lady who I didn't really know found me and told me she was back with my bike but I shouldn't drive it and would I like them to drop it off at my house. WOW! People are so nice!!

So that's how it all ended. Heather helped me get the 3 year olds across the field (both refused to walk of course) into her van and the other couple got my bike home where it is sitting waiting for Scott to fix the tire and better attach the trailer which for some reason comes off at the most inopportune times!!! What a day!

2 comments:

The Rogel Family said...

I'm sitting here laughing to myself as I can picture it all so vividly. Glad it ended out great and that so many people were around to help you. Miss you guys!

Amber and Nala said...

What a morning! Nice that so many people stopped to help. :)

Hailey looks SO beautiful in that last picture...you guys are in trouble when she gets older. I fear she may be a heart breaker. ;)