Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The School Teacher



So....little Miss Hailey has become the school teacher here at home. She has named her class "Prees-Kinder" since it is a combo class of Preschoolers and Kindergartners. In fact she has set the study up into her own personal school room where she lovingly teaches her siblings and gets them to play school with her, using various behavior modification methods. Like the day I could hear Avery crying in the classroom saying, "I don't want to play school but I don't want to lose my super stars." Apparently Miss Hailey told her if she quit playing all her super stars would be taken away. There are many, many times she has to convince Alex to play and she does this by offering special crafts, treats, or the coveted position of Line Leader.

The kiddos do seem to really enjoy playing most of the time and she is so patient with them and has actually taught them many things! Along with coming up with really creative crafts and learning activities. She came out one day and said to me, "Umm...Principal Hoefer....I just want you to know that all of the kids are literally on their best behavior!" She also has had the children bring notes home to Scott and me inviting us to such things as parent's night (where we got to come and watch a performance by the children and learn what they are learning at school) and parent teacher conferences (where we saw a report card from each child and discussed how they were doing). And at Christmas she presented us with a 3 ring binder full of projects the kids had been working on.

Yes...she is only 7 years old and so very organized! And excellent leadership skills considering she can get those three little kids to listen to her and do school work for often more than an hour.....mmmm...hmmm....that's better than their Mama can do!! On a side note she told me tonight, "I can not wait until I am older so I can get this pantry organized!" Is this really my child??!! Oh yes....I think my siblings will find something all too familiar with this school playing post!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that's hilarious! Perhaps you
can learn a thing or two from her? ;). She is such a sweet little girl and I can't believe how grown up she is getting.

Rachael Melhorn said...

How adorable. She looks so grown up in her pictures and of course, always so cute and pretty. Whenever people see her picture on my fridge, they always comment on how she's going to be such a heart breaker some day. Lots of love to the teach girl! Maybe she could come volunteer in my classroom.

Becky said...

I still remember being blackmailed into playing school. Till it all came out, then I was finally able to quit!!

Unknown said...

Hailey is such a beautiful and loving girl! What a blessing to have such a lovely daughter who is a wonderful big sister to all three of the younger kids! She is so pretty on the inside as well as on the outside. I know when she gets older, she can come and organize my pantry too!

Andrea said...

Hailey looks so cute helping the little ones with their "lessons". So creative! Hugs and kisses to Hailey Belle! I love and miss you so much!

Angie Voss, OTR/L said...

Hailey I am so impressed with all of your teaching skills and you look so darn cute doing it! Did you know I was just like you when I was your age? I LOVED to play school and organize things. I think you are totally ready to organize the pantry...go for it, your Mom told me it was ok! You will do an awesome job. I love you pretty girl!

Monica & Anya said...

I love this post about Hailey and I am so impressed by her organizational skills! Please tell her she should come visit me and learn all you can do in your pantry with a label maker! : )

Seriously, she is a beautiful and talented girl. What a blessing!

Debb said...

Oh, such a sweet post! It just oozes of Hailey's sweetness! How precious is she!?!? Sounds like even when playing school she is fair and encouraging and positive to her "students!" What an awesome big sister!! Karis, Avery and Alex are SO lucky to have her for a big sis! I think your nickname, Belle, is PERFECT, given that BELLE means BEAUTY!!!! She is one beautiful girl both on the inside and out! God shines from her ~ especially in her beautiful smile. Maybe one day our children will be lucky enough to play with her (or maybe one day she could become their favorite babysitter!). Give her a huge hug from me, K?

Anonymous said...

I am pretty! Thankyou! Hailey