Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cookie Decorating

One of our little family traditions is to make sugar cookies for various holidays and decorate them. I'll admit that as the years have gone by and the work of maintaining the children multiplies, that some holidays are forgotten. I mean do we really need to make ground hog cookies for Ground Hogs Day? And isn't it enough to eat a real turkey on Thanksgiving, do we really need turkey cookies? Or am I just a pathetic, lazy mother?

Anyway......Valentines Day definitely deserves its own cookies!! So last night we decorated heart shaped cookies. A brilliant idea came to me though, why not involve Scott in this?! Why do I attempt this during the day? So I put Scott in charge of sprinkles. The goal was simple, two adults, four kids, it's gotta be less messy! Right?! I explained Scott's role very clearly.....you maintain sprinkles. Stand between a certain two children who are most likely to go sprinkle-happy and sprinkle everything but the cookies. Who could those two brown-eyed children be? We won't be naming any names. Funny that eye-color in our home has seemed to determine personality.

Anyway.......10 minutes into the decorating, the table looked exactly like it does with one adult, four kids, decorating. A DISASTER. I kept saying, "Scott! You are in CHARGE of the sprinkles! That means certain children have to be CLOSELY monitored!" But I guess sprinkles and close monitoring just don't go hand in hand. And kinda get in the way of the joy.... and anyway....it's all part of the fun, and the memories. Because that's why we had kids, Scott! To do fun things like this with them!!




♥♥Happy Valentines Day!!♥♥

1 comment:

Kami said...

We just did Valentine's cookies last night. By myself with three kids - disaster!! I was in charge of sprinkles and even I was making a mess! That's part of the fun, right?