![]() |
| I love this picture! It is so Grandma!! Looking pretty right next to her Kitchen Aid! |
Grandma and I made Lefse. This is a traditional Norwegian flat bread type food that Grandma has made all her life. I am now helping carry on the tradition by learning the fine art of Lefse making. Let's just say it's not easy and a lot of work! I still haven't quite mastered the art, but I'm getting there! First we made mashed potatoes and then laid them all out on dinner plates to get them to cool faster. Then we mixed flour in and attempted to make little round circles to put on the Lefse maker. Some turned out better than others. Grandma actually emailed me last night and said we didn't put enough butter in, which is why they weren't quite turning out like we remember. Oh well....they were still good...and we had a great time! I feel so blessed to not only have Grandma in my life but also that she is so active and able to do so many fun things. She is a baking machine and is always making a cake or pie. I'm so glad to have inherited the love of baking from her! I love you Grandma! ♥ (She is also one of my faithful blog readers!)


No comments:
Post a Comment