On this day Hailey and Karis and Ella were sleeping until 11. (More on that in another blog post.) I was exhausted from being up a lot of the night, so I was just drinking coffee and reading facebook and blogs on the computer. Alex and Avery were quietly playing outside. Then I discovered why. They had taken paint and painted their feet and ran all over the patio. It was already quite warm out, so it had started to bake on. To teach them a little lesson, I told them they had to scrub it clean. "With bubbles?!" they squealed with excitement. So much for a lesson. They had a great time scrubbing the patio clean!
It is so nice this summer.....they entertain each other so well now....for hours sometimes with almost no intervention from me. I love it. However, I will say, they are now starting to make as big of a mess as the girls used to at this age. That's OK. I love how super creative they are! And we are raising kids.....not magazine cover homes!!
And look at these two brave ones! Avery started swimming last summer and quickly picked it back up. And...this summer Alex also is swimming. Like a little fish he dives under the water and swims. We are at the pool almost every single day! It is a great...the kiddos love it....I love it....and they use up so much energy that they fall asleep by 8:15 at night usually!!
1 comment:
Fun, fun, fun! I had fun just reading all the posts and looking at the photos. I felt for you when Alex cleaned up the vomit. Audi did that for me all the time. Because if I even stayed in the same room I would upchuck, too! Aren't mommies supposed to have a built-in mechanism for dealing with vomit & icky poo-poos? God forgot to program mine!
Post a Comment