Sunday, August 30, 2009

Busy Weekend

Sorry no pictures but here are some weekend highlights:

Friday: Scott put up a play structure. It was supposed to take 6 hours- I think it was more like 12. I helped a little but mostly took care of the children in between doing things like taking the Idaho driver's test! My license expired the day before from Washington so I had to get my Idaho one and you have to pass a written test. I barely did! If you miss 7 you fail and at question 21 I had missed 6. I was in a panic. Sweating, shaking, and praying for mercy. Somehow I passed so I am now a legal Idaho driver.

We also put Avery in a big-girl bed and so far no issues. Let's hope it stays that way.

Saturday: We went to a fish thing in Idaho city. They had some fun booths with crafts and the girls even got to practice fishing. It was fun. It is fun to explore a new area. When we got home we ate dinner and then took the girls swimming. The great thing about the pool is there is an outdoor shower so afterwards we washed them up, washed their hair, and then took them in the bathroom to get their jammies on. So then when we got home they could go straight to bed!

Sunday: Went to church. Our 3rd time at this one and we really like it so we are just going to go with it. There are tons of churches here but frankly trying them out with 3 shy girls who don't love going into new places just doesn't appeal to us. Last week since Katie and Rachael were here we each took them to a class and stayed the whole time to get them used to it. Today Scott stayed with Hailey for about half of it; but me being the less compassionate in these situations left Karis and Avery in their classes. Both cried but were fine within a few minutes. Since church is such a big part of our lives I figured the sooner they go into class without us the sooner they would be OK with it. Hopefully they won't reject the faith when they get older from the trauma of being left in Sunday School. The church actually texts you if you want after a few minutes if the kids are still crying. They asked me how long and I said 10 minutes and both were fine then. In fact happy when I picked them up.

We are going to Vineyard Boise. We really like it for a number of reasons. The worship and teaching are great, from what we have heard we agree with where they stand on things, and they have a huge outreach. A food pantry, a free medical clinic for uninsured, they feed the homeless on the weekends, and go on tons of mercy trips to 3rd world countries. Also they have a great kid's program that seems so safe. The kids are all checked in on the computer and have bar codes on their name tags to let us pick them up. My kind of place! :) And it is very family-friendly. Kids are welcome in the service or not and their are some rooms that have glass walls so if your kids are too loud you can sit in there. It reminds us a lot of Mercer Creek in their style and welcoming and philosophies. Its not Mercer Creek and we miss that a lot but it is great! Scott and I were saying it would take a long time to form the friendships we had in the burg!! Sniff..sniff....OK this has become a novel and I still haven't blogged about the fair that we just got back from. It was fun, a typical fair: cotton candy, greasy food, farm animals, etc. etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found a church!