This is the downstairs which is so great. There is an extra master bedroom down here so the lucky little girls have their own suite. We debated over and over how we would set this house up and ended up with Hailey and Karis sleeping together with H's stuff in one room and K's in the adjoining. We originally had them sleeping in their own room (their idea) but switched K's bed into H's room late the first night due to many tears and hysteria. Hailey informed us she would be ready to sleep by herself when she was a bigger girl- like 7. We'll see....Also the downstairs has a craft room! Complete with counters and shelves. I am still working on setting that up so I haven't photographed it yet. And the common area is the girl's craft room and my work out area. I hope this isn't too confusing but I am trying to quickly do this.
Love that we have a much smaller yard here!! Scott's time mowing has been significantly reduced. He is thrilled with the water fall in the front and I am thrilled with our quiet neighbors behind us. We've met 3 or 4 families in the neighborhood and so far everyone is so friendly. I will do a post later of our great subdivision. Although we went on our first playdate yesterday and were there 5 minutes when Hailey threw up all over the couch and floor. It was so mortifying. They did say we could come back another day and she was really, really nice about it.
I am so thrilled to have central vac. Especially because this house has lots of stairs- 3 stories so lugging a vacuum up and down wouldn't be easy. I didn't mean to have it out for the photo though! This will also be the guest room- we are planning on putting a hide-a-bed in here.
The kitchen pictures are so dark- sorry. And I forgot to show the baking area with lots of shelves and big doors to cover the mixer and appliances. It is over by the laundry room which I also forgot to show.
LOVE This area- the girls can come in from the garage and put their stuff away and take off their shoes. Everyone has their own cubby for all the random stuff I find during the day. I put it there to be put away later. Even Scott and I have one.

Love that we have a fireplace now!!

We told the girls they weren't allowed in here. I tried to use my Kate Gosselin voice like she did when they got their new house: "Children who come in here will be severely punished". Unfortunately our girls just gave me a blank stare and ran in and jumped on the bed and turned on Noggin. I LOVE that we have noggin here- we went without for awhile but got direct TV here and it is so great!!! OK enough of this- you get an idea of the house and I will start blogging some more hopefully.
3 comments:
Love the pictures, Abby! My sister was trying to get ahold of you (hopefully she got through!) and was wondering which subdivision you live in, etc. Maybe your girls will be in the same school/class?! Based on my description from your blog she thought you lived in sedona or some name like that. Hopefully Hailey can meet my niece since they're the same age. Hope you guys are settling in! Boise is such a fun town. Take care!
Very nice house, Abby with alot of space. How many square feet is it? Sounds like you are doing well and adjusting. I am sure you will love Boise! Melanie
The house looks wonderful! I think everything looks very put together, but I know your standards of a move-in timeline are much higher than mine. We just hung our first photos on the wall last week which marks one year since we moved. But we did hang the empty frames about 2 months ago. LOL!
Post a Comment