Hello Everyone-
We still don't have Internet access so I haven't been able to update the blog. I am at the library right now and I must say- going online with the girls at a supposedly quiet place isn't very easy. Right now Rachael is with them on the children's computers so I have a minute or so of peace.
Here are the updates:
We are just about all unpacked and set up. Andrea reminded me when we moved to Oregon City it took 1 day to unpack (we had 1 child), Ellensburg took 2 (we had 2 children) and well.....Meridian has taken a bit longer. If Rachael hadn't come with us I seriously don't know what we would have done. She has helped so much with girls and been my social outlet since we have no friends here yet. Actually I met a friend a the pool yesterday and boldly asked for her phone number. She has 3 girls and the 4 year old was having a great time with Karis so we are going to get together soon. She seemed really nice and normal so that was encouraging.
The girls have been having an OK time. They have fun during the day but as soon as night time hits they start crying because they miss their "Ellensburg house", their "Ellensburg friends", their "Ellensburg room", and their Grandma, Papa, and cousins. It is quite sad. Karis keeps saying, "Let's just invite some new friends over." Then I try to explain that we don't have any new friends to invite yet and she says, "Well just call some new friends." Doesn't quite get it.....
Scott LOVES his new job. He just loves it and is so excited for all the projects he will work on and the research he can do and the people he works with. Although he misses Justin his office-mate and running buddy!!
We are really liking our neighborhood. We have two pools that the girls love and we have gone swimming everyday. I will take some photos of that later. Also we have biking and running paths as well as a fishing pond right down the street. It is great. We also love our new house and as soon as I can I will get the photos up since I know some of you are waiting!
I registered Hailey for school and keep hearing how great the school is. I am so glad it is right in the neighborhood so hopefully soon she will have friends to walk to school with. School starts August 31 and I know she is nervous so I am hoping it goes well.
We all are a little homesick for our friends and family but each day we get into more of a routine and have a little more fun. Yesterday we went to the mall and that boosted all of our spirits! And I also went to Albertsons and got a whole cartload of groceries for $35. I can't get into all the details but you must go to Albertsons and read the ad for the free groceries/rebate. Great deals. And they have free milk and Post cereals for $1.50.
And one more thing. The girls are THRILLED because Katie and Sadie and Audrey are on their way to visit today and stay until Monday. I think it will be so good for them to play with their cousins and have fun. And Rach is here until the 26th so I am feeling very blessed!! Miss you all and hope to post some photos soon!
7 comments:
We miss you too. Ella is working on a letter for the girlies-now to get your address...
Sounds like so far so good-can't wait to come visit you too....
Ahhhh, good to hear an update. :) I know the girls will settle in soon but it's just alot of change right now. Glad Scott is enjoying his new job! :) We miss you guys and hope to make it out to see you soon....maybe this fall sometime. :)
Another couple of days and you will have befriended half of Meridian! Can't wait till Bruin and I can come for a visit.
I can't wait to see pictures (hint, hint). Have fun with the girls!
We miss you guys! So glad that Scotts loving his job, the house, is great and you've had a little help! We'll keep praying for the girls adjustments! Have a blast with family this weekend...we're anxious to see pictures soon! Love you all!
Well of course they are a cute family! ;) For some reason your comment was published on a different post though??? Anyway, that is sweet of the girls and if they ever want to call that is fine. :) That is awesome that Scott has showers for after his runs at work!! Justin will be very jealous. :) Can't wait to see you guys and see blog pictures of your new place. :)
I'm so glad there was a post here about your new place! We have been gone to the beach for ten days with no Internet either so I couldn't check in. Everything sounds wonderful, Abby. I'm so happy Scott loves his new job. Send you address via e-mail when you can, okay? Lots of love, Nancy and Vic
Post a Comment