Wednesday, August 12, 2009

LIfe in.......

Well our plans changed once again when the movers showed up on Friday instead of Monday to pack us up! Thankfully for good friends we were able to farm the girls out to 4 different play dates- 1 in the morning/1 in the afternoon for the next two days. They loved it and it was a good way to say good-bye. Our friends also had a going-away party for us Friday night. It was really fun and also really sad at the end. Really sad especially for me. I have decided that moving at ages 2,4,6 isn't nearly as bad as at 34!!! Seriously- can we not do this again?

Since we were all packed and moved out Saturday night we headed to my parent's place. It turned out really nice. We were able to relax and the girls were able to swim, swim, swim, and play with all their cousins, and spend lots of time with Grandma and Papa and Grandma Ruby. I liked how the good-byes turned out. It was just kind of non-emotional. They hugged and then said good-bye. I don't think they realize yet that we can't just drive for 40 minutes to play with the cousins or see the grandparents but it was a lot easier than them wailing. It was hard for me to say good-bye to my Mom and Dad and sisters and brothers and Grandma but I know we will be back in a couple months to visit.

Auntie Rach is with us and I am so grateful. It is way easier to travel with 3 adults and 3 kids than 2 adults and 3 kids and a dog and 2 vehicles and a trailer. We are quite the parade. The girls played Leapster and DS, listened to books on CD's, listened to music, and ate. Slept? NO! Avery actually went in Scott's car for many reasons- but one was so she could sleep and she did! So that was great. OK I need to go- we are going to sign papers on the house. The girls are still asleep and so is Rach so we will come back here after and get them to go see their new house. They are so excited. For them this is one big party! They swam last night until 10:00. Really 9:00 but we are now an hour ahead. Love you all and miss you and if I didn't get a chance to hug you and say good-bye it was because of the rush of everything but I do love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emmett asked me this morning "where Karis?" I told him that she was at her new house. So he said "go to Karis new house?" I said hopefully soon! Please post some pics too.

Andrea said...

Can't wait to see pics of your new place. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see you again!

Mike & Crissy said...

Glad you all made it safely and are having a great time! I'm sure the girls loved the new house, hope you guys get settled in quickly. We miss you!

The Rogel Family said...

Can't wait to see the new place. So glad you made it safe and sound. Miss ya already!

Becky said...

Glad you are getting settled in! Hope everything went smoothly at the closing!

Amber and Nala said...

Glad you made it safely! We miss you too. :(