Saturday, April 24, 2010

What Has Happened To Me?



So the other night I started reading some of my posts from the last couple years. Let's just say I was a super-blogger. Was every single event blogged? And now I hardly manage 1 a week...if that. Also I kept telling Scott, "I was a way better mother back then. Look at all the fun stuff we were always doing." Scott in his rational way (we are perfect for each other in that) assured me that through the eyes of the blog it does all look fun and perfect, BUT IT WASN'T! And I guess when we started I only had 2 mobile, talking kids. Now I have four.

And I got to thinking in the past year we have decided to move, found a job, sold a house in a very bad market, bought a house, moved to a new state where we knew nobody, went to Haiti, survived the week after the Haiti earthquake (no sleep, tons of calls & emails), brought home our son, and adjusted to life with 4 kids. So there you have it....the reason I'm not such a good blogger anymore!! I'm also really behind on the scrapbooking. But our hours are filled with love, excitement, and yes whining and "cryning" as the girls call it. The pics have nothing to do with the post but I thought they were super cute so had to show them. And yes....Scott looks a little tired.....most of you know why....lets just say clip clip.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I've become a bad blogger and I still only have one kid! Your blog has become quality, rather than quantity. (Not that the quality was poor before.)

Rachael said...

Hmm... I think it just sounds like a load of excuses. I for one have been disappointed. I mean I could use some better entertainment!

Monica & Anya said...

I have one child and no blog, I haven't scrap-booked in 2 years, and I never made beautiful books like yours. And that's before we ever even START talking about the "important" things in life... All that to say, you are an inspiring mother, a most encouraging cousin, and one of my favorite people. So there.

Nancy said...

While I do miss your more frequent blogs, I totally understand... Love it when you do and love all the photos. We must schedule a visit, after I recuperate from my trip to Louisiana! Love to all, Aunt Nancy

Becky said...

I'm with Rach....just kidding. As you may or may have not noticed I don't seem to have the blogging finesse either these days. Thanks for the updates though. The patio looks great. So did Scott get a hair cut or something? :)