Saturday, October 23, 2010

Nosy Neighbors


Yep....that's us.....almost everyday our lil munchkins can be found perched on the fence peeking over into the neighbor's yard. I don't feel bad though because their kids started it. In fact the day Scott and I came and looked at this house with our realtor one of the little neighbor girls was peeking over. Our kids love our next door neighbors. Many hours are spent just talking and yelling over the fence....both ways. And many more hours are spent playing in each other's backyards.

One particularly hard day in the life of mothering I heard some fighting and came out and not so nicely told my precious little ones how it was going to be. All of a sudden it occurred to me that I live in a very close/tight neighborhood and what if the neighbors heard me in my not so perfect moment? So I glanced over the fence and to my dismay saw Heather the mom of the next door friends. She had a big smile on her face and yelled, "I'm normal! I say the same things!" Whew.....so good to have mutual understanding around here! ☺

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! I feel normal now too, as I have lots of not so awesome days where I yell really great things myself!