


What a special day Halloween was for us this year. All I could think about yesterday was how a year ago this day was so sad for me. I tried so hard to enjoy it with the girlies but was dreading leaving in a couple days to meet Alex and then leave him. November 2009 was the hardest month of my life. I cried so much for our boy who I longed to mother but had to leave in Haiti for and indefinite amount of time.
We have come so far!! This year we have all four of our precious kiddos together. They had so much fun trick or treating. Alex was a skunk and walked around yelling, "I STINKY!". Avery was Minnie Mouse again! Karis was a princess again...this time Tiana. And Hailey was a baby...sooo cute!! The kiddos did great walking this year too. First year we went without a stroller or a baby/child strapped to one of us in a carrier contraption. Oh the freedom!
We went with some of our neighbor friends and navigated through the swarms of children. All the kiddos ended up with lots of candy and then came home, ate as much as they wanted which was about 3 pieces (our kiddos are so funny....I would have eaten the whole bucket!) and then fell asleep. The night was much more peaceful than I imagined it would be. Lots of fun and feeling so blessed to get to trick or treat with all FOUR of our little ones!!
Oh and the top photos of our precious Avery. She got this new outfit and had to model it. She came up with all the poses and it was so cute!! Love this girl! And I love all the hats they are selling for kiddos....LOVE the hats!!
1 comment:
Soo cute. Glad this year was a better one!!!
Post a Comment