Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snow Day and Coziness





Yesterday was a Snow Day! The kiddos were so excited to get to stay home and play in the snow. I was excited too....until I realized how much work Snow Days are for the Mama!! Scott went into work, got there and found out he could have had a 4 hour delay....darn it! But then right around lunch time they closed the office so he came home. Lets just say the afternoon went a lot better than the morning!

After I spent 20 minutes rounding up 4 snowsuits, sets of gloves, hats, boots, and clothes and then putting them on each kiddo (why are boots so hard to put on??!!) I hoped that perhaps they would then spend the morning out playing happily. The above pictures occurred in the first 5 minutes. Then Avery came in crying because snow was in her boots and gloves. About 15 minutes later Alex came in crying because his feet were cold. (He did tell me that when it snowed in Haiti they never made snowmen! ☺) Throughout this time Karis came in the house about 5 different times to either get something or ask for something and tracked snow through the entire house each time.

The morning took a better turn when I took the wet stuff off the 4 year olds, made a pan of brownies, turned on the cozy fire, and read every Mickey Mouse book they owned to them. The big girls played out for hours....came in soaking wet and ate lunch and were ready for more. By that time Scott was home so we went to the lake to sled. The lake is drained so makes a perfect sled hill. Apparently we weren't the only ones with the idea....about every neighbor kid was there too! But it was soooo fun!! Oh and other picture is a little cozy spot Avery made for Fishie and for her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that lizard looks so real! Ugh!

Abby said...

It is real!!!!

Melissa said...

I can so relate to the work of snow days! They're definitely more fun for the kids. That being said, however, sledding is pretty fun!