Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Small Hands Preschool Graduation

Singing a little song with motions.

Getting ready to perform. Avery sang the loudest and knew every single word!

Miss Ericka and Miss LeeAnne

At the beginning of this year Avery and Alex didn't go to Preschool. However, by October, Scott and I decided it was a necessity. They were super clingy to me all day long and pretty high needs. Since they don't nap I was on duty from about 6:30 in the morning and on. It made for some pretty long days. So we found a wonderful Preschool and Childcare center called Small Hands. They went on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-4. They had lunch, snacks, and school!

It was a big adjustment for them but the teachers were amazing! They worked really well with them and helped them adjust and they did great. Avery never loved going, cried even to the end at drop off, but they told me (and so did Alex) that she quit crying soon after I left. In fact she went from Miss Condra holding her the entire time to being totally one of the group at the end of the year! They had a darling little end of the year program that Scott and I went to and I cried through a lot of it. I just kept thinking how far they have come! How life feels so much easier than it did a year ago. How happy they are most of the time and how much they have learned. They will go again next year and then the year after is Kindergarten!

No comments: