Stories and events that happen at the Hoefer House! All of them crazy...most of them good....
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
A Big, Long, Random, Catch-Up Post
This is for Grandma and "Aunt" Andrea. When Avery had her surgery they both sent her a Minnie Mouse! She was so thrilled to have a baby one and a Mama one! She sleeps with them both every night. She is wearing the Minnie Mouse dress Grandma made her as well as the Minnie Mouse High Heel flip flops from Grandma! Too cute!
Hailey had her end of the year Animal report on Friday. She researched the Harp Seal, wrote a report, and made a diorama of the Harp Seal's habitat. Pretty impressive. Thankfully, Scott was really into this project and did the whole thing with her, including ordering a Harp Seal online and finding another one at Good Will and painting it! She did awesome on her presentation. Spoke loud and clear and even used expression. We are so proud of our Hailey Belle! And could she be any cuter??!!
A sad, sad, day last Friday. We have no idea why, but Fishie (Avery's lizard) died. Scott discovered him up in his cage and thought he was dead. We told Avery and we cried. Then we put him in a box. It was time to get the girls from school, so we went and got them and told them. Karis was sobbing and so was Avery and I. Avery kept saying, "I just don't want him to be dead." Karis said, "Nothing's ever going to be the same without Fishie. And just when he was becoming best friends with Cricket. Now Cricket will be so sad."
Avery wanted to hold him one more time and while she was, he started moving! I couldn't believe it. I called the pet store and she told me to put some really warm water in a Ziploc and lay him on it with a towel wrapped around. We did and he started moving and walking! The kiddos were so happy, screaming and jumping up and down. We tried feeding him and then put him back in his cage. Well, when we went back to check on him, he was truly dead. He was stiff even. Avery put her little hand on him. It was so sad and I can't get it out of my mind.
They made the cute little grave stone above, and buried him. She goes out and kisses the gravestone. She is actually handling it very well. Just matter of fact will say, "Fishie died" or "Why did Fishie die?" or "Fishie is in heaven now". She has another lizard that we are focusing on now and she seems to be bonding with her (Cricket) more now that Fishie is gone. Man, I tell you, watching your child lose a pet is really hard. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it.
So, as many of you know, I have taken up knitting. I have done several little projects, but just finished my biggest one yet! This dress didn't exactly turn out like I planned...I though it would fit Avery, but it is way too wide. So it makes a great little top for the big girls. Not perfect, but I'm proud of it!
We have the best neighborhood ever! We can walk over on a path to this little pond with Geese. Avery and Alex love feeding them crackers! As long as we don't step in any poop!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Good job on the knitting! I am always so scared of knitting.
Your kids are so darling. The Fishie story breaks my heart.
Thanks Kami and Marissa!
I know....heart breaking to me too Marissa.
Wow Abby...great dress! You need to teach me. :)
Post a Comment