I'm definitely on a photography practice kick right now. Thankfully, I have several willing posers. When I asked Karis (the only one who got dressed today) if she would pose for me, she excitedly said, "YES! And it's perfect since I either want to be a model or a vet when I grow up!" Perfect. These are in the garage again and then I followed some of Mindy's tutorials for a little photoshop editing. Poor Mindy will be glad when I am off the kick so I can quit asking her questions. I did notice in 2008 I asked the same exact question that I had this time around too! I've been saying it for years and think now I really need to actually do it: take a class!!! I no longer have a nursing baby, a newly adopted child I can't leave, or any other excuse. I should just do it but I'm afraid I know so little that I will look really dumb and get nothing out of the class. Perhaps I need a one on one tutor. I keep seeing groupons for a class, so next time I do, I am going to look into it more! Anyway....here's my pictures. All with natural light in the garage. OH if you don't mind...which one is your favorite and why?
![]() |
| 1 |
![]() |
| 2 |
![]() |
| 3 |
![]() |
| 4 |
![]() |
| 5 |
![]() |
| 6 |
![]() |
| I tried lightening this one but I don't think it looks very good. |







5 comments:
They look good - maybe a touch dark for my taste. Sometimes using hard light can make the skin look a bit ruddy, so maybe decrease the opacity? Her hair is pretty dark for a black background so sometimes her hair disappears - but that's just a matter of taste. SHE IS A POSER - OH MY! How cute!!!
Oh and my favorite is the one of her laying. You see the catchlights in her eyes and it's exposed the best. GREAT WORK - keep it up! A class would be great, but I think you can find enough tutorials and help online for free. Practice, practice, practice!
Thanks mindy....so to make them less dark do I increase the brightness either in photoshop or when I am taking the pictures?
When I was growing up, I aspired to be a Hawaiian tropic girl or a lawyer so I can totally relate! Great pictures!
Cute poses Miss Karis! I have to say I like 1 and 4 because of her poses but they seem to be a bit lighter too which i like better.
Post a Comment