Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Fun and The Ridge

I love Easter! Love the colors, the promise of spring, the cute dresses, the church services etc. etc. I can't believe it but this year I didn't get a picture of the girls in their Easter dresses! How did this blogger/scrapbooker/crazy picture taker not get the classic Easter picture?! How did that happen? I tell you it will be restaged as soon as the dresses are clean and the weather is warm! Anyway we spent Easter in Yakima and it was really fun. The weather was great. We went to the Greenway on Saturday for a long walk with Rachael and Rogallio and then came back for the famous Melhorn Easter Egg hunt. Believe me those eggs are worth hunting for! Lots of candy and cash for the adults too. Its the only time we all run around like crazy people fighting over things...OK not the only time but the only time in April. The Friday before Easter we always make Easter cookies to decorate and take to Easter. This time Hailey's little friend from school came. This is her "best friend" in her class. Their friendship is so cute and so sweet. She is the perfect friend for Hailey and the kind of friend I always want her to have. I was so glad the weather was nice so we decorated outside which made cleaning up after Karis much easier!! Check out her creation....always the same just a different color.....

And finally from the weekend before when Christi and I hiked the Ridge. I was feeling quite proud of myself and thinking what an accomplishment until I saw Gemma and her 3 small children hiking to the top also!! Amazing...I can't imagine our girls doing that yet!!



4 comments:

HannahNoel said...

Easter was fun! I love that picture of Karis decorating her cookies.

KELLY said...

Great pictures!!! Is there a cookie under Karis's frostin???

Becky said...

I always seem to forget the Easter picture too! Glad you had fun on your hiking adventure!

Amber and Nala said...

Glad you had a great Easter! :)