We took the girls to Spokane for the night this weekend to see our good friends Brian and Heidi and their adorable boys: Gabriel 22 months and Ezra 4 months. I hadn't seen the baby yet and I was dying to and he is as cute as can be. We had a great time. We all went to the waterfront and went on a neat walk over the Spokane Falls, did the carousal, and played on a big slide. That night we went to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner- a 3 hour dinner including the wait and it went great! Five kids and 3 hours could have been a disaster but every single one of them did so well. It was really fun. We also did the Children's Museum the next day and some shopping. And Heidi and I even got to go to coffee while the guys played with the kids at the park. It was so great to spend time with these guys. They are such good friends and we enjoy being with them so much!! And their boys are such great boys!!
The girls had so much fun "helping" with Gabriel. Hailey said, "We are just practicing for having our own little brother. Except for Gabriel doesn't have dark skin or curly hair."
I told Scott I feel like we have arrived. For the first time we all slept in one hotel room with no incident. (Brian and Heidi recently sold their house since they are moving back to Portland so we didn't crash their 1 bedroom apartment for obvious reasons.) Anyway the girls did so great eating out, sleeping, and even travelling the almost 3 hour drive. For me it is so much easier with our youngest being 2 1/2. I am so much less stressed not having a baby and not having to worry about sleep and naps and nursing and crying. These weekend trips just feel so much easier and more fun! Still a lot of work for sure but much, much easier than even a year ago!!
Post #2 A New Family MemberWe are getting a new family member and it doesn't consist of a baby or toddler. These girls are quite excited. Can you guess who it might be? And no it is not Alex- I would be shouting from the rooftops if it was!!
I'll give you a hint....it involves 6 little girls walking down an aisle. In fact when I told Karis about her job which involves standing on a stage she declared: "Stages! I love stages! I can't wait!" OK I'll tell you- Rachael's getting married!!! She and Rojallio actually got engaged over Easter while we were walking on the Greenway but I wanted to make sure she got to share the news with everyone before I blogged it for the rest of the world. We are so happy. We all adore Rojallio and he is a GREAT guy!!! The girls love him so much already!! Congratulations and we are excited for a new uncle/Brother-in-law!! And the girls can hardly wait to all be flower girls!!
5 comments:
Cute pic of the Coxes! Spokane waterfront is fun-Did you do the Radio Flyer Slide?
woohoo we made the hoefer blog!!! we had such a great time with you all. wonderful memories and the girls were so sweet with our boys. thanks again for making the trek. we love you!
Sounds like a fun trip. What cute little boys!
Looks like you had a fun weekend! :)
Looks like you had a great weekend!! I so miss the Cox's - They have such a cute little family too!
Post a Comment