Monday, April 20, 2009

A Great Weekend

So if you are one of my younger siblings this photo will look familiar to you. Because this was how I spent my childhood! Coercing my siblings into playing school. Well Hailey has taken the role of this now. This was so funny to watch...she spelled out words for Karis to read. What did Karis think this word said? Elephant! "NO Karis- try to sound it out- A- NN -DD!" To which she replied, "Hailey, Avery, I don't know." "Oh Karis." Hailey said and just shook her head. She has a ways to go...


What a great weekend we had. The weather was so nice. We took a hike on Saturday for the first time with no stroller, backpack, or front pack! The girls did great and loved it. We were by a creek so that helped with the motivation...stopping to throw things in. Yesterday I went on a bike ride and then we took the girls in the jogger strollers on a really long walk to town! They had fun riding and we had fun chatting and walking. Of course that's not what these photos are of though. Avery in her new dress. I LOVE this dress. Thanks Gamma!! She thought she looked pretty cute too. I love the stage where they realize they are cute and act a little shy about it.

4 comments:

Amber and Nala said...

That is great that Hailey likes to play school...must mean she really likes it. :)

Becky said...

The dress is darling! Maybe Hailey can teach Ella to read-we are lacking in that department here.

Anonymous said...

But...did Hailey tie anyone down to a chair?!

Abby said...

I'm sure that day will come Hannah!! She is her mother's daughter....