Well if any child can be too creative at dance it is our little Karis Rachael. The poor teacher who is quite wonderful and very appropriate of what she expects out of children has had to talk to me at least 3 times about how "Free-Spirited" and "Easily Distracted" Karis is! (She really reminds me of me in school- oh my!) (In fact a common theme on my report cards was "Excessive Socializing, Distracting to Classmates, Etc. Even in college a professor had the nerve to write on my project something like "I will give you an A for completing that level of work, however you spent most of the time I was lecturing chattering with those around you." I was mortified but also thought it was slightly humorous.) ANYWAY...all that to say the teacher thought the least amount of things that could distract Karis the better so she suggested having her hair up in a bun so that she couldn't continually stop, look in the mirror, and pat her hair down or run her fingers through it. She said that Karis just loves her hair so much. So she taught me how to do a bun today but obviously we needed some product. It still looks cute but I tell you our girls have the wispiest most unruly hair!! The teacher did point out that she loves Karis' spirit and that we really do need more people like her so she didn't want to do anything to discourage her. She asked what worked at home and I was too embarrassed to tell her that I take to yelling KARIS RACHAEL a hundred times a day! A Bun!
One of our favorite holidays is Easter. For many reasons of course. Last night the girls dyed eggs and this once again was by far the least messy of the 5 years we have done this! They are growing up. I love their different reactions to the eggs. And I love looking at the eggs after they are all colored. Tonight we will be going to the Maundy Thursday church service and then to Good Friday tomorrow night. The girls are too old for the nursery so they will be with us- I am hoping they get the seriousness of the service and are able to also get something out of it. We shall see how it goes. Easter Fun!

And we have had some beautiful days here! Tuesday especially was so amazing. We got out the water table and the swimming suits too! The girls had so much fun- I tell you if you are a parent of little ones and haven't invested in a water table you should. Our girls have spent HOURS playing with it each year and they love it. Its great because even if it isn't hot enough to swim they can still enjoy water fun. I did do it once in the house however I do not recommend that. What a disaster it was and almost caused some warping of the floors! Anyway...The SUN!

3 comments:
I love those pictures of Karis! I hope she never loses her unique spirit. God made her just the way she is for a reason!
Yes...yippee for the sun! :) That picture of Karis eating the donut is great and those ones of Karis are so sweet. Love the first one...what a cute little poser. :)
Amber
I like her bun and maybe you could show me how-I have to have Ella's hair up for her recital. we dyed eggs for the first time this year-it was fun but roc had more fun squishing the eggs! so we only did a few!
Post a Comment