


- Our friends Gary and Debbie and their two boys (Grant-6 , and Ian-5)came to town. They came over for dinner Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning. We had a great time visiting with them and the girls had a wonderful time playing with their cute boys. They paired off and it was really cute. Grant and Hailey had many similar oldest child traits and Ian and Karis shared many 2nd child traits.
- We barbecued with friends Saturday and the girls had a great time playing in our little pool and on the slip/n/slide.
- We went to the big 4th of July celebration at West Ellensburg park. It was really fun and we ran into tons of friends there. That is something I will really miss about E-burg- knowing so many people and always having people to chat with. The girls had fun getting their faces painted, making crafts, and going in the bouncy houses. I didn't bring my camera but should have because for the first time ever Avery ventured in with the girls and bounced like crazy. She is really coming out of her shell in many ways lately and I am so encouraged by this! However at one point as Scott and I were chatting with friends letting the girls play Avery got lost! We didn't even notice she was gone and our friend Stephanie pointed it out! When I found her very shortly after, a staff person had her by the hand. She was walking her to the stage to announce the missing child. How mortifying would that have been having to walk up on stage and get her?! Scott said it would have been the "walk of shame". Parents of the year once again.
- Yesterday we went to church and then spent the day in Yakima at the pool celebrating Papa's Birthday. The pictures above are of the girls with their sun-kissed cheeks. I put lots of sun screen on them but they still managed to get a little sun on their skin. It reminds me of me growing up. I always had some sun on me since I grew up in a swimming pool. The girls are all getting so brave- especially Avery. She is quite the little fish and doesn't have much fear- just loves swimming! Anyway it was a great 4th of July weekend!
- Oh and one more thing. It is soooo windy here that last night we lost power. When you have children who rely on white-noise makers and nightlights to sleep losing power can be traumatic. In fact the girls woke up and were screaming and crying so hysterically that I started laughing and almost wet my pants. Like had to run for the bathroom. Ended up Scott had to sleep upstairs with the older and I had to put Avery in bed with me. Not the greatest night of sleep here in Hoeferburg which is why the girls look so somber in the pictures above. I tell you these girls would never be kidnapped- they were literally screaming so loud it was unbelievable. They were so scared of the darkness they said!
2 comments:
Sounds like a good weekend. Good thing the power did not go out for the sleepover!
It was so fun to play with #6, #4 and #2 almost 3.... The boys loved playing with those cute girls. The pools were the best about the entire trip. Love you guys and THANKS...d,g,g&i
Post a Comment