Friday, July 24, 2009

Recent Fun Events











We've had a great couple of weeks. Last week my friend Cori and I took her 2 girls (Quinn- 4 and Layne- 2) with us to the water park in Euphrata. It was great and so perfect for little kids. Life guards everywhere, very clean and safe, lots of sprinkles to play in in the water, shallow water and a little slide. Cori and I even got to go on the big slide. It was really fun and the girls all did great. Layne and Avery are VERY similar but both had a wonderful time and there was no screaming or flailing of themselves onto the ground the entire day- so Cori and I considered it a success!


At the beginning of this week we went camping with the Teasley Family. We have been friends with Levi and Steph since we moved here and the girls adore their girls Ezri-4 and Eden-1. I was actually really excited to go camping and hoping it would go much better than last year. Well....it did.....to a degree. Monday night as we were about 5 minutes from Lake Chelan Avery threw up all over the car. Yuck. We didn't know at that point if she was sick or maybe just carsick. Well we quickly learned as she proceeded to throw up for the rest of the night. As if that wasn't enough to send me over the edge, at 1:00 am Karis started throwing up- all over the tent!! OK that about did me in. Hailey too. After a couple of hours of it she goes, "I wish we had 2 tents so I could sleep in the non-throw-up tent." Somehow we managed or should I say Scott managed to get it all cleaned up and out of the tent. I tended to Avery throughout the night and he tended to Karis. Literally it felt like every time I fell asleep someone would start vomiting again. The next day Scott hosed everything down and left it out to dry.


We debated over and over if we should stay or go but they stopped throwing up the next morning and frankly getting ready to go camping is so much work that I couldn't imagine just packing up and going home. And I am so glad we didn't! We ended up having a really nice day by the lake- swimming, playing in the sand, and Avery even sleeping on a blanket in the shade. It was really, really hot so late in the afternoon we went to town and sat in Starbucks for quite awhile drinking frappucinos and cooling down. The girls had a great time.


We went home the next day and that was a little rough. The girls hadn't gotten nearly the sleep they were used to so they bickered and whined the whole way home but considering how great they did the rest of the time it didn't really matter. And I wasn't horrified this time to camp. We stayed at a nice campground with grass and clean bathrooms. That makes a huge difference. It was really fun!! Lots of work but I can see it getting easier each year. I am so glad we did it with the Teasley's! They are great friends and very fun to be with and the girls had so much fun!!


And last but not least I have a new niece!! Becky gave birth to Callie Jade yesterday. Congrats to Kevin, Becky and Ella and Roc. I love the name but apparently Ella was a little disappointed and kept insisting her name was Dora! I spent the day with Becky and Callie today and it was so fun. She is positively adorable and actually resembles our girls a little I think. I loved holding her- but have made a break-through. I actually didn't wish I was pregnant! I kept thinking how cute she was, but how much work a newborn is. Pray that she is an easy baby and that Becky gets some sleep. I remember when Avery was born feeling so exhausted because there were 2 other kids to take care of too and sleep during the day just didn't happen. Anyway we are so happy for the Futrell family.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

A niece and a great-niece! Born two days apart.Congratulations to the other new parents!