Friday, August 28, 2009

Bitty Twins and Big Girl Bed

I can't believe this day is here. Avery's first night in a "big-girl" bed. I swore I'd keep her in her crib until she was 5 but lately started to rethink that. She has been getting her legs stuck in the crib and that is no fun! Plus she is no longer napping. I can't believe after 6 1/2 years of being a slave to a nap that I no longer am!! Basically she was napping for at least 2 1/2-3 hours. I would literally wake her up everyday and she would be sooo cranky. Then it would take her forever to fall asleep. Like some nights she was still awake at 11:00! She never got out of bed or even cried, she would just sing and talk. Well then I would wake her up in the morning and she would be a basket-case until nap time again. So it was just a bad cycle.

I never thought giving up naps was the answer but it has been. She goes down early at night now- like by 7:15 and I let her sleep as late as she wants. Usually until 8:30 or even 9:00. She seems to be in much better spirits although believe me we still have our moments of self-expression!! So anyway all that to say we put her in a bed tonight and she was THRILLED. She didn't get out and in fact said, "If I sleep in a big-girl bed, I won't get out and I won't sceam or cy (scream or cry)." Such a sweetie she is!! Here's to hoping the bed works out. The other 2 girls were in beds right at 2 and we never had issues with them getting out so I am hoping Avery follows suit. We did keep the crib up just in case! I can't believe our baby is almost 3. Another big night in Hoeferburg.....oops I mean Hoeferidian. Need to change the blog header but have no idea how to do that.....





So far I haven't been lonely here! Rachael was here for 2 weeks, then Katie and the girls, and now my cousin Monica came to Nampa to visit her Grandma this week so she came to see us yesterday and today. She has a little girl Anya who is 5 and a pure delight. The girls had a wonderful time playing with her. She brought her blonde Bitty twin so of course it was the perfect photo op. It was great to see them and we hope to again soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a big deal, no naps! I guess the nap-nazi has been dethroned. Cute pics of Anya and the girls.

Amber and Nala said...

Fun and YIPPEE for Avery!! I think you should keep Hoeferburg though....that's just me. :)

Mike & Crissy said...

Yay!!! Big girl bed and no naps solved all of our problems too! I LOVE not worrying about a nap time anymore and it makes the evenings so much more pleasant (because they go to bed early!) Glad you guys are doing well - we miss you!

Monica & Anya said...

We had a great time with you--thanks for having us! When we got home, I asked Anya what her favorite part of the trip was. Her answer: "Visiting my cousins." So there you have it--you even beat out the Water Park! Love you.