
All three girls are loving school so that is so nice. We just had conference week so I thought I would blog a little about that and then Karis' field trip to Red Robin today.
Hailey: The teacher said she is "every teacher's dream". She said she always does whatever she says, works hard, is self-motivated, and very teachable. Just what I wanted to hear! She is very quiet also. She struggled when we first got here with reading which surprised me because she did so well in Kindergarten, but it turns out they teach reading completely differently than she was used to learning it. I told the teacher what she was supposed to do when she came to a word she didn't know in Kindergarten and she said, "That is basically the opposite of what we teach here." But once she started to get it she has done great. In fact the teacher said she has made leaps and bounds and is now right where she should be so that is a relief. Thankfully Hailey never realized she was struggling and thought she was doing great all along. :) She does struggle a little with math and number sense but I told her not to worry, girls aren't supposed to be good in Math or Science either for that matter. Just kidding....don't worry I didn't say that, nor do I believe that! However as my mom said, "She comes by the lack of number sense naturally. She got that from her mom and Grandma." So true...math was always a struggle for me too!
Karis: Surprisingly Karis also had a conference! This is preschool for goodness sake! Anyway I was a little surprised because the teacher described her as "quiet, sweet, and always on task". Really?! How can that be the same girl who is loud, oblivious to her surroundings here, and can never remember to pick up her toys? I was quite glad to hear that she behaves so well at school. Not that she doesn't behave here but she sure is a free-spirit.
Avery: No conference but she is doing great. Really quiet still but starting to get in and play with the other girls some. The teacher says she loves table-time the best which doesn't surprise me. She could spend hours here coloring and cutting and gluing. She does much better during structured time than free-time with groups of kids so I am hoping eventually she will come out of her shell a little and enjoy being a little more social.
Pictured above is Karis' field trip to Red Robin. She loved it! They had a tour, got to pour their own drink, met Red Robin, made a chef's hat, and even got lunch. Fun times for sure!
4 comments:
That is so great to hear they are all doing well. Seriously, I think boys are naturally better at math and science. That is definitely Carson's strength. But Hailey will excell just like her mother! Melanie
Love the field trip pics! Karis is so cute with her friends. So, I am curious about the different teaching methods between here and there?? You will have to tell me more. :)
Glad to hear all is going well at school. Ella would have loved the RR field trip.
Cute pictures of Karis' field trip!
Post a Comment