Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey Time

So this post is all out of order and messed up but I can't figure out what is wrong with blogger. I can't see the pictures so I will try my best to explain them.
So for Thanksgiving we decided to stay home. It was a really nice quiet time although I did miss my family. The drive is so long that we thought we might as well stay home for Thanksgiving and then have Christmas at home to look forward to. Anyway our good friends Matt and Kristi from Portland came and that was great! We had so much fun. The first picture is us decorating a Gingerbread house. The Second picture is us at the Festival of Trees on Thanksgiving night. It was really fun to go see all the different decorated trees and the different themes. I love the pic of the girls riding on Scott and Matt's shoulders and holding hands!

The 3rd pic is Thanksgiving day. Scott was in charge of the turkey and did an amazing job. He marinated it all night and even poked garlic cloves throughout it. It was moist and delicious. I did everything else and it all turned out just fabulous! Although I made way too much food.

Next we have Avery the day before Thanksgiving in her outfit she picked out and put on herself. A shirt, tutu/dress, leggings, and a skirt. We definitely have a touch of Karis on our hands.

Then we have Hailey at her Thanksgiving feast at school. Too cute.

And last but not least we have the lovely decoration Scott put in the house up in the little alcove thing that we have been trying to figure out what to put in. It is just wrong on so many levels that I had to take a picture of it!







2 comments:

Nancy said...

What memories you made! I loved looking at the photos. We had a great time but we had a small crowd this year at D & V's. Good though, good company, good food. Love to all of you,
Aunt Nancy & Uncle Vic

Becky said...

We missed you-Glad you had fun with your friends.