Friday, December 11, 2009

Gingerbread Houses and Cookies




Today I went to Hailey's classroom and helped them make Gingerbread houses. It was so fun. I remember doing this when I taught; so it brought back lots of memories. She has such a nice class!

Also I decided to start a new Christmas Cookie tradition. I let the girls go through my cookbook and pick one cookie they would like to learn to make each. Then I am going to make that cookie with them. We will take them all to Yakima when we go for some yummy treats to eat and leave for Santa. Today was Karis' day and she chose to make Italian Horn Cookies. Of course..the most interesting cookies I've ever made. They only had flour, butter, and melted ice cream in the dough! Then we filled them with jam. They looked really beautiful in the cookbook and well...you can see how they looked here in Hoeferidian. But I kept reminding myself that it's the process in these things, not the product. Spending time with Karis and letting her have fun in the kitchen is all that mattered! And they actually taste delicious. So good that she declared, "We are NOT leaving all of these for Santa!" Nothing like the Christmas Spirit.....

1 comment:

Becky said...

That sounds like a great tradition.