Sunday, December 6, 2009

Salt Lake City



So we just got back from a little mini-vacation to Salt Lake City, Utah. We had never been there before and since it is now just 5 1/2 hours away we thought it would be fun. OK Scott had to actually go for work so I thought it would be fun to take the girlies on a free vacation. It's always nice to stay in a hotel, eat out at restaurants, and not worry about cleaning now isn't it?! I was also thrilled because Salt Lake has a Nordstrom and I hadn't been in one since the summer. As we walked in I said, "Breathe it in girls....we're home..." Something about Nordstroms, they always smell the same...so many good memories we have there! Anyway mostly what I did was return things I bought at the sale that Avery refused to wear.

We also went to a kiddie indoor ride place that the girls absolutely loved. We didn't tell them we were going in case it didn't work out so when we pulled up and they looked in the windows and saw all these little carnival rides they were so excited. It had rides just like the fair but they were all inside and no lines. It was great. And you buy a bracelet and get to ride all the rides. I even talked them into a bogo since it was evening and we only had a couple hours. Always need to get a deal.

We also went to Temple Square which was so amazing and so beautiful. It was all lit up everywhere you looked. My pictures don't at all do it justice. The girls thought we were at a Princess Castle and we just went with that. I could not believe how many people were there...definitely a touristy spot. All in all it was a great little get-away!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like a fun little getaway!

Hannah said...

Sounds like a fun little getaway!

Becky said...

That sounds like a great time. I am amazed they all could sit in the stroller at the same time!