Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grandpa Hoefer!

Grandpa Hoefer came to visit last weekend! Darrell and Diana (Scott's younger sister ☺) dropped them off on the way to visit their grandchildren. We had a great time with Grandpa. The kiddos were thrilled.
Highlights:
○ Alex and Grandpa drinking coffee together! Man can Grandpa drink a lot of coffee. Alex actually loves coffee also, so I let him have an occasional bit of mine. This time he got his own cup.
○ Going to Pasty Perfection for donuts Saturday morning.
○ Watching a movie with him and eating popcorn. I think he enjoyed the movie as much as the kiddos. Can't remember what it was called....Maverick or something...about dogs who talked so it was a hit.
○ Taking him to Mass Saturday night. Our good friends go to church there so we sat with them. Umm...let's just say it was obvious our children are used to being put away in Sunday School during church. It was a looonnng hour and I ran out of bribery motivation (fruit snacks and life savers) 15 minutes into it. I will say Hailey and Karis did awesome and Hailey was quite appalled that I allowed snacks during church. However, we were in survival, lets not make a scene mode. As we were leaving Karis reached up and almost rang the bell by the door. Thankfully my friend Mary saw her and quickly stopped her.
○ Dianna and Darrell visiting and bringing each child their own Root Beer. They were thrilled. They love Dianna and Darrell!
○ Darrell the tickle monster chasing the screaming, laughing children.

It was a great time!! We love you Grandpa Hoefer!!

No comments: