Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Newest Member

I'm almost scared to post this as I keep worrying the owner is going to come forward....but last weekend (10 days ago) this kitty showed up at our house. Long story short but we ended up letting him come in after hanging around all weekend. He was starving, so I bought him food and a litter box. We called the humane society and filed a report, sent out a picture and email to the HOA, posted on facebook, and ran an ad for three days in the paper. We have not heard anything at all. We keep telling the kiddos is the owner comes forward we will give him back, but at some point I want to just say he is ours.

I am not a cat person so I struggled a bit having not only a cat, but a stray cat in the house! However, I am now as much in love with him. He is the nicest kitty. Does fine with Gracie and all the chaos of the kiddos! Goes potty in the litter box. He seems healthy, we will take him to the vet soon and make sure. Karis is thrilled. She has been begging for a cat for months! We told her NO WAY! In fact Scott said, "The only way you are getting a cat Karis, is if one shows up at our house and doesn't leave!" Hmmmm.....

Anyway...Karis named him Stripes. She daily declares how happy she is to have a cat. After all she says, "Hailey has Gracie, Avery has Fishie & Crickie, and Alex has tons of fish!" It's only fair.......apparently God had to intervene here to make sure little neglected Karis  had a pet of her own too!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Can't believe you really have a cat! I bet Karis is beaming.