This little girl lost something and oh is she proud. It happened yesterday at the pool while she was biting into a cookie. Yuck!! It was fun to hold the bloody cookie and offer to the other children just to see their reaction though. The Tooth Fairy is good...somehow I managed to lose the tooth at the YMCA, but Karis never found out!! I was cryptic enough to the Tooth Fairy; and Karis being Karis never bothered to look in the glass of water on the counter until the next morning when she discovered her money! Nice!
And more crafting here for Spring Break. The Pottery Wheel that Grandma Ruby gave Hailey also doubles as a paint splatter machine. I was a little nervous about this but it is the BEST CRAFT ACTIVITY yet! There is NO mess because it is all contained. You use little things of paint and drop a drop in and watch it spin. We quickly ran out of the card stock it came with, but no problem, I have a ton of that, so I just cut a whole bunch more. The kiddos all entertained themselves this morning while I changed all the sheets and did laundry. LOVE it.
They oohed and awwed over it the whole time. And each took turns making one, that child would do the paint, and the rest would oooohhh and awww. Then they'd stop the machine and squeal with delight over the design it made. NO MESS. Did I mention I love that it was so easy, it worked, it's not a fortune to replace the supplies and it. didn't. make. a. mess.???!!!! Thanks Grandma Ruby. A gift for Hailey that entertained everyone. And she was quite thrilled to be the one in charge of the on/off button and directing whose turn it was. Whose child is this??!!


1 comment:
Congrats Miss Karis! That is so funny about the pottery wheel...how clever to use it as a paint machine. :)
Amber
Post a Comment