Stories and events that happen at the Hoefer House! All of them crazy...most of them good....
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I Learned From the Best
So my mom just called to inform me she saved $700 at Albertsons today!!! In fact she had so many coupons they had to do two transactions and on one they ended up giving her $35 in cash! She had earned a 20% off coupon along with many other deals that are too complicated to explain or understand right now but it makes my Post Deals last week look so small. (Which by the way I didn't get around to posting but I was getting 6 boxes of delicious cereals- the Post ones for $4.80.) And I got 10 pasta dishes FREE. Anyway I kept meaning to blog it but never got around to it but we now have about 75 boxes of cereal in the garage. I will try to be better about blogging the deals before they are done. Sorry to have failed my readers on that one but I did tell as many people as I ran into. They were also doing free milk with Kelloggs cereal and I had coupons that were making me get 7 boxes of cereal and 3 gallons of milk for around $9. Not sure if that is still going on or not.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have been feeling ridiculous for having about 15 boxes of cereal after getting kellogs for .60 a box! 75 boxes blows us out of the water. I'm so intrigued by your mom's trip. Just how much stuff did she buy?
Well Andrea, I was with her for part of the trip. Only about an hour of her 3+ hour excursion. It was probably 30 bags of groceries, maybe 20 cases of bottled water, 15ish cases of pop. And that includes expensive things like chicken, eggs, cheese. Lots of canned fruit, crackers, powerade for Andrew, diapers, baking stuff, jello, pudding. It was unreal. 3 carts full. I think she spent around $350 for about $1,000 worth of stuff.
Although, I am boycotting Alberstons right now, because they stopped taking competitors coupons! That was one of the main reasons I shopped there. Oh well. ;)
Thank you Hannah for the update! I have a good visual of what that trip must have been like, but I guess it's worth it to save that much!
Holy cow. That is so impressive!!
75 Boxes??? Are you LDS?
Post a Comment