Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A God Wink

Last fall when I went to the Woman of Faith conference one of the speaker spoke about God-Winks. Times when you know God is just looking at you and does something just for you and you know it is a God- Wink. Ever since then I have tried to look for those moments and today I had one.

Avery started throwing up yesterday and was up a lot last night so I am exhausted. I feel bad for her but I also just dread being stuck at home all day, the weather too cold to be outside, and just bored with a sick child. I was supposed to do several things today that I had to cancel and one of them is pick-up for school. So I called my friend Shawn and asked her if she could drive this morning and she agreed.

Well I got up, got Hailey off to school, and Karis is watching a movie. I thought: "What should I do now? I wish I could go get a coffee or something." Then I thought, "I should do my Bible study since Avery is still sleeping- I wish I had a nice cup of coffee." At that moment I looked up and Shawn's car was in my driveway. I ran out thinking Hailey had forgotten something. She got out of the car and handed me a latte and said, "I was praying for you on the way back from school and felt God tell me to go get you a vanilla latte." Wow....now that's what I call a God-Wink!

7 comments:

Becky said...

No kidding :)

The Rogel Family said...

So fantastic Abby, gave me chills, I love it!

Amber and Nala said...

What a sweet friend you have. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, He always gives us what we need. Even if it is a vanilla latte.

AshlandFive said...

Those kind of things are so awesome. I love the Lord, He is so good to us. I hope you are all back to normal now...I do believe sometimes He allows those kind of situations (although at the time seem bad) to happen to us, so we can see His hand in our lives. ;)

Moon Dance Ranch said...

Thanks 4 reminding me of "God winks". Loved the story. hope you are all well....

Amber and Nala said...

Hey Abby, thanks for sharing that with me about the girlies at Kids Club. :) It made me smile. I am getting so sad that the end of the year is near though. Maybe it's because it's my first class but I am so connected to these kiddos and will miss them alot. :(