Saturday, May 30, 2009

Changes Ahead

Most of you probably already know this but we found out this week that Scott got a great job promotion! He will be working for BLM doing something with fish. Just like he does something with fish now. Anyway the job is in Boise, Idaho! So he got the offer Tuesday, we packed up and drove there Wednesday and got home tonight. We LOVED it. It has a very safe feel to it, it is big but not too big, not much traffic, has a mall, great parks and great schools. I went to the Meridian District Office and someone met with me right away and told me all about the different schools available. I was really impressed. The job starts in August so we have a busy couple months ahead of us!!! If you know anyone who wants a house in Ellensburg we have a great one!! We are so sad to leave our good friends and to be farther from family but we are so excited for this opportunity. And as I said before, "At least the girls can grow up not thinking a mall is something you go to only on vacation." I know I have my priorities- but it has a great mall! I was thrilled with it!! Please pray for us though as we have a lot of changes ahead and lots of hard good-byes. The good thing is it is only 5 1/2 hours from Yakima so we plan on coming home lots!! And the girls did really well on the drive so that was encouraging. Well 2 out of 3 of the girls did...but I'm not naming any names here......

6 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations!! You will really love Boise. My sis lives in Meridian and they love it. They have a beautiful house and their church is awesome. They have lots of great shopping there and many great restaurants too. Good luck with selling your house!

Becky said...

We have mixed emotions about this around here. Happy for you but sad to see you go!

Moon Dance Ranch said...

Congrats to Scott how fun!!

Was he looking We know you thought about Bend one time.

we will pray that your house sells

G&D

Andrea said...

So glad to hear that you loved it! God is so good!

KELLY said...

So happy for you, but sad for all of us in Ellensburg. At least I can still Blog Stalk you. Do you think the Boise Albertson's and Ellensburg run the same coupon specials???? We can swap coupon stories and lead an online support group that way.

Amber and Nala said...

I am excited for you but also sad. :( We will miss hanging out with you and enjoying your amazing cooking. :) I know Justin will really miss his office mate too. Hope Gracie smelled better when you returned. ;)

Amber