Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Randomness!


I have several things to post about so instead of doing several posts I will just do all in one.
Bathing Beauties
1. Are these not so my girls?! First sign of summer and they are laying out. I love it. I laid out too this weekend and oh my should have worn sunscreen. I have a very red back and legs. OW!
Hiking Without Strollers
2. We had a great weekend- the weather was so nice. We did a little hike with the girls. They are getting so good at hiking. This is by far the most enjoyable hiking experiences this year. NO contraptions to take- so nice!
Practically Obese
3. Avery now weights 24.8 pounds!! Yeah Avery. She has quite a sweet tooth so I don't understand why she doesn't weigh more. Perhaps screaming and throwing oneself on the floor 20 times a day burns a lot of calories. Maybe I should try it- I certainly feel like it at times! (Although the last 2 days have been magical with her- she does so well when she can be outside in the sun!! Although today is freezing and windy and she is still doing fine.)
Karisisms
4. We were cleaning the other day and Karis said, "This is such a ballistic mess"- perhaps I should quit saying, "I am going to go ballistic!" when the mess is more than I can handle. Also yesterday she said, "Avery is the most darlingest 2 year old ever!" And then today when I was buying 47 loaves of bread because they were on clearance for a quarter- yes a quarter! She said in line, "I am mortified by all this bread." I laughed so hard I almost lost it. And people were already staring at the bread heaping over the cart. Becky is taking some and so is my mom and the rest goes in my freezer. What a deal!
The Street Preacher
5. At Kid's Club they passed out invitations for VBS (Vacation Bible School) in the summer. It is tons of fun and I work at it each year. Anyway they said to give one to some of your friends. Well Hailey took 18 because that's how many kids are in her class. When we got to school I asked the teacher if it was OK if she passed them out since they were religious and all and she said technically they needed to be approved but if Hailey was just doing it on her own it was fine. So Hailey stood at the door and passed them out. It was so cute. Apparently a couple boys told her they didn't want one because they don't believe in God. So I guess that brought up some God talk at recess resulting in Hailey and two of her friends yelling, "God's real! God's real!" Quite the little Evangelist!
2 Year Old Theology
6. And speaking of God talk- Avery has so many questions lately. "How did God make water bottles? How did God make bad guys? How did God make cookies?"
A Traumatic Experience
7. We went to the Greenway yesterday after all 5 of us had our teeth cleaned. NO cavities this time!! And the girls all did great with the cleaning. Well Scott went back to work and I took the girls to the Greenway thinking it would be a fun little walk to the wood play structure. 89 degrees and I ended up having to push the stroller with Avery and Karis on her bike because she couldn't make it go. NOT so fun. So I hid her bike down by the river and said we would get it back on the way back. Well we got to the Selah bridge and I realized we had gone the wrong way! I was not happy. So we turned around and started back and the bike was gone!! I was really not happy. Karis was wailing and Hailey was near tears. Well when we got to the parking lot a little boy had it with two ladies. I walked over to them and told them it was our bike and they said, "No English". I tried to ask them where they found it and told them again it was ours and they said, "Take it". So I have no idea how it ended up there but the girls were so relieved and so was I. Except they no longer wanted to go the play structure in fact they said, "We don't want to come back here ever again unless Daddy is with us!" Good idea.
There is my very long post!!!

4 comments:

KELLY said...

Loved reading your post and I can relate on so many things..."heavyweight" child, who eats tons of junk, but expends ALL of his energy either tourtering his sister for tantruming. AND the bread. I, too, hit up the 25 cent bread day. Got LOTS of looks from that one as well. I never pass up 25 cent bread. Last summer I had walked down to Fred Meyer w/the double stroller, only to discover the bread sale, where I bought 20 loaves that I then had to push all the way home along with my two children. Happy times...bread for everyone!

Becky said...

Thanks for the bread-my freezer is ready

Hannah said...

Yes, those are definitely Abby's bathing beauties!!

Jen said...

I loved your random post! Your girls are so cute. Have a great 3 day weekend!