Well everyone survived a very eventful last few days. It all started Tuesday night. Hailey has been sick all day and I made the mistake of going online to see what the symptoms of Swine Flu were. (There have been several cases here in E-burg.) Well Hailey matched a couple of the symptoms causing me to panic and call the dr. on call. I name-dropped my dad who this dr. knew and what do you know didn't have to take her to the ER but straight to the lab for some tests and then to his office for a personal visit. Nice...much more convenient that way. (What am I going to do in Boise where no one has heard of my dad?!) Anyway turns out she had strep.
Now that shouldn't have been too big of a deal except for the fact that the next day we were driving to Canby to drop the girls off at Rachael's and then flying to Boise!! Rach assured me it was fine...come anyway. I'm sure she regretted this as the weekend went on. So we get there Wed. night and Hailey actually seemed much better. I am a believer in drugs let me tell you. Nothing homeopathic here...we go straight for the motrin and antibiotics. The more the better. Anyway.....we flew out of Portland Thursday morning leaving Rach with the girls and our van full of car seats as well as some cash to enjoy themselves.
As we land in Boise Rach calls and asks where we put the van keys. Ummmm.....right here.....in Scott's pocket!! Not good considering they are all still in car or booster seats. So after several phone calls got a locksmith to open the van. Rach ended up being able to fit all the seats in her car and it worked. Until Friday when she called to tell me Karis was really, really sick. Fever, throwing up, not eating or drinking. We tell her to take her to urgent care which ended up being closed. Well Rach being the resourceful little person she is somehow managed to convince a pediatrician to see her instead. I can imagine the scene- her panicked in there, Karis sick, and the other two girls running around.
Anyway turns out Karis had strep too. The bad thing was every time she took the antibiotic she threw up. By the end of this ordeal she had called the dr. 4 times and the pharmacist twice. I'm sure they were thrilled they took us as new patients! :) Thankfully Andrea came over and helped out as well as Rogalio. And somehow Karis recovered and was fine by Sunday. But it made for a hard time for Rach for sure!!
We had a very successful trip, found a great house that we LOVE and got it for a great price. We have a contingent offer on our house as well as some other interested parties so we are hoping something pans out soon and that all these details work out. Our realtor ended up being amazing. In fact we had a great time with her and even went to church with her on Sunday and met her family! As we were getting ready to fly back to Portland our plane was delayed due to thunder storms. Then we had the most turbulent ride I have ever been on. I was so terrified as well as many others. I don't think I ever want to fly again!! Anyway got home last night at 1:00 in the morning and had to have the house ready to show again today!! Craziness around here.
Oh and one more thing- apparently Avery was an ANGEL the whole time. We are really seeing a turn around with her lately and I am so relieved. One more funny thing. Rachael said when she used to babysit she would suggest thing to kids like, "Lets eat dinner on a blanket and watch TV" things of that nature and often the kids would say, "We aren't allowed to do that." Rach thought it was funny that our girls have never said that once but instead when she says something like, "I don't think you should do that" they say, "Our parents don't care if we do". I guess we are more laid-back than we thought...
4 comments:
OMG....what a week! :) I heard about the great house though! That's so exciting. :)
Yes, you are fairly laid back! I can't wait to hear about the house. I hope everything works out so that you get it!
Sorry to hear the girls were sick but glad the house-hunting went well. Did you like any of the churches you tried?
Abby- You guys have really gone through the sickness lately. The last part of the story I was laughing hysterically, hopefully you will sell your house so I can come and see you. Melanie
Post a Comment