

So I thought I should write down some of the stuff Alex has been doing the last couple weeks so I don't forget-
- Really, really into Daddy. Like if he is here, basically I barely exist. I am OK with this because I know how important a Dad is in a child's life. I think it is so good that they have bonded because that can be hard for kids who come from an orphanage where they are mostly cared for by women. Also when Scott isn't here- he is all about Mommy, so I love that.
- All day long says, "MaMa" and shows me something with a really proud but shy look on his face. So cute. Has now started sounding more American and saying, "Mom!"
- Says some English words and phrases. Repeats a lot of stuff. Says- sit here, stop it, go Gracie!, finished, more, love you.
- Still chats and sings all day in Creole. Love it. "Creole is so cute," says Hailey.
- Gets along with the girls very, very well. Such a kind boy. I have never seen him hit or hurt, although he has gently pushed. He can hold his own for sure. And he is my little reporter. Anything anyone, usually Karis, is doing wrong he yells, "Mom" and points to them. I needed a reporter for when Hailey is gone so it has worked out well.
- Loves bacon. The pictures are making breakfast with Daddy. And eating bacon from a bag while wearing one of his favorite things, his bike helmet.
- Still adjusting to food. He loves yogurt and pancakes. Spits out meat and fresh fruit after he chews it. Loves hot dogs. I hope he is eating enough, I think he is but he is quite picky. LOVES Baja Fresh rice. Devours it!!
- Struggles with fear at night. He cries most nights before going to bed. Scott holds him and lays with him until he falls asleep. About 3/4 of the nights he wakes up at least once crying really hard and thrashing around. He just has lots to work through and this is a normal part of the process. We have him in our room so we can easily comfort him and get back to sleep. I will say selfishly its kind of nice that he is really into Scott because that is all he wants in the middle of the night.
- Quite dramatic. If he gets slightly hurt or if we tell him no, he cries really hard and falls on the ground. Not every time and less and less.
- When he first got here he was so independent but I notice that he is less and less now. Like he wants me to dress him and carry him and help him. I love that he knows that's what parents do. I think he is relishing the individual attention.
- I am so in love with him. I marvel everyday how much more I love him. I put this quote in the girl's baby book and it is so appropriate: "I don't know how it's possible Little One, but today I know I love you more". I just still am in awe of the miracle of him being home. It just gives me chills to think about all the details surrounding his arrival and all the prayers, love, and support from all of you. I know adoption isn't for everyone, and shouldn't be an emotional decision, but wow....if you are thinking about it let me tell you it is wonderful. As with each child we had I wondered if I would love them as much as the previous...like how could I love this child as much as I love the ones I already have? But I do. Love really does multiply. This boy is my boy as much as if he'd come out of my womb. That is something I really didn't understand fully until I experienced it. OK...this is supposed to be about Alex but here I go.
3 comments:
Loved reading all about Alex. What a perfect addition to your family. I can't wait to meet him someday. I love you and miss you. I know we'll connect soon. :)
I am so thrilled for you and for Alex, amazing!
Judi (Nancy's cousin!)
Can't wait till I can meet that precious boy! Thanks for sharing the update.
Post a Comment