


So I am a bit behind on my blogging lately so please ignore the short posts and poor picture quality on some! OK Hailey turned 7 yesterday!! She started the celebration last week by having Grandma come and visit. We had a great time with her and Hailey even got to help her bake. She had requested Grandma's banana cake and of course Grandma obliged and made one. Yummy for all of us. We even went to Red Robin to celebrate....a favorite for our kids.
Then she had her friend party on Monday afternoon. We went to the party store and she picked out a girly bug theme with bright colors. (Which was perfect since she had a new bug outfit to wear.) The girls did little bug finger puppet crafts and then spent lots of time playing American Girl Dolls of course. Then they had pizza and make your own Sundaes. It went really well and was lots of fun. My friend Mary came and helped and Scott took the 3 year olds out for some fun of their own.
Yesterday for Hailey's real Birthday she had school, but we still made it special. The three little kids and I brought her a corn dog for lunch and then stayed with her for lunch and recess which she loved. Alex is a little celebrity at the school so kids are constantly coming up and trying to play with him. This makes Avery happy because they used to come try and get her, which she wasn't in to. Also random little children came up to me and would stare and then say, "We saw you on the news." I said, "Well how did we do? Did you think we looked cute?" They all sweetly said yes.
Before school got out we brought treats to share with Hailey's class. Then Daddy picked up Happy Meals for all the kids for dinner. Hailey ate hers and the Karis, Avery, and Alex played with their toys and drank the chocolate milk. Once again I declared we wouldn't be buying them Happy Meals anymore until they actually eat the food!! Then we did Hailey's gifts. I probably shouldn't have posted the picture of Alex screaming but when I showed it to him today he laughed almost as hard as me. Apparently the concept of a party where someone else receives gifts is foreign to him. Hmmm.... He was quite upset but got over it when we got in the car to go to Coldstone for another Birthday treat. It was a great day. Oh and the three little ones all went last week to Build-A-Bear and made the adorable Hello Kitty. It was so sweet....they all chose parts of it and kept it a secret and were so thrilled to give it to her.
I should say a few words about Hailey- she is such a wonderful and sweet girl. Very loving to her little sisters and especially to Alex. We are so proud of her and love her so much!!
2 comments:
Seriously Abby, there is something about your girls and liking to wear only underwear. It is so funny to see pictures of them like that. Savannah does not like to have her pants off at all. Anyway, I love, love your posts especially about Alex. I am so glad he is doing well. Take care. Melanie
I thought he was laughing, not screaming! Glad Hailey had a good birthday and everything is going fairly smooth.
Post a Comment