




Three years ago - a couple weeks after Avery was born- I went out for a girl's night and left all 3 girls with Scott. The older two (ages 2 and 3)hid in the closet and cut each other's hair. Well actually Hailey did most of the cutting. When I got home and saw Scott sweating on the couch holding a screaming baby refusing to take a bottle and asked him how the night went he replied, "Good- except Avery doesn't like the bottle". The girls were quiet so I went to find them and on my way discovered some hair on the ground. Not thinking too much about it I walked in and saw that Karis had bangs....very short bangs....and they were hiding in their closet with clumps of hair. However at 2 and 3 who can really blame them? They kept saying, "Don't worry Mom, it was just a pretend haircut". To which I kept saying, "When you use real scissors and real hair it's not pretend." We ended up having to cut Karis' hair short and give her bangs. Bangs that I have now worked for 3 years to grow out because I believe bangs make a girl's hair even harder to maintain!
Well last night as Deb, Farrell, Bud, Scott and I played Wii Resort upstairs laughing so hard Deb and I almost peed our pants, another haircut was taking place. Since Hailey is usually consumed with guilt and must confess all she decided to run upstairs and announce, "I just cut Karis' hair. She begged me and begged me to do it." Deb and I looked at each other and ran downstairs. Yes, she did cut her hair. Karis was on her bed looking mournful and as soon as she saw me went hysterical crying, "I just want my hair back". Hailey kept saying, "It looks good Karis, and you begged me and begged me." I said, "This is one of those things that sounds like a fun idea at the time but then you regret it. Do you regret this girls?" "Yes," they both said. I talked to them about how this wasn't to happen again and that we could take care of it the next day and that hair grows back. I also threw in that next time they have an idea they aren't sure about to come and ask one of us first, which they have assured me they will do. I'm getting that one in writing.
So here you have it...the before and after pictures. Karis' beautiful,long, dark hair is now beautiful, short, dark hair. At least it grows right?
1 comment:
We have definitely been through this before, that is why my scissors are not accessible to my children anymore. You handled it great Abby, I would be yelling. Melanie
Post a Comment