Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Two Favorite Three Year Olds!











Sorry for the cuteness overload here but I had to post all these pictures. We are having so much fun with Alex! I keep thinking that this is all going too well. Alex is adjusting so well, Avery is handling all the changes so well. I shouldn't be surprised I guess. God's grace has been poured out on us so much the last 3 weeks...why should I be surprised that He continues?! He seems so happy but he does have moments where he has melt-downs. The little guy has a lot of changes he is going through and he can't speak English. That alone has got to be so stressful. But wow...he is a great kid!! He cleans up his messes with a washcloth after he eats even! Don't get me wrong...he is very much a 3 year old boy, but frankly I think a pretty easy-going one. He fits in so well because he is quite sensitive- and we have plenty of that here already, so we can understand him! :)

My feelings for Alex are so similar to when the girls were born....just complete awe and adoration. Delighting in every new thing he does. Can't imagine him doing anything wrong. (Well that's a stretch because he is 3. And he does have a personality and a spirit!) He is actually really easy to correct so far though. A lot like Karis- a stern look or word and he falls on the floor crying. Then he gets over it quickly and runs, laughs, and parties through the house. In fact those 2 have really hit it off. But he and Avery also seem to have a really special bond too. Like they know they are both the same. He won't give something to the older girls but then he'll share it with Avery. "We are twins," she is always quick to declare!

They both had a blast finger-painting today. A big mess but they were both so happy. The other pictures are them washing off and then just being silly. I know there is banana in his mouth in one but I couldn't resist that big smile of happiness.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! He is precious and you guys are so blessed!

Laura said...

SOOOO wonderful Abby!! The Lord is truly good :)

Monica & Anya said...

I think you should consistently maintain they are twins (introduce them that way and such) and act confused when strangers treat you like you're crazy. Just for fun. Seriously, these are wonderful photos.

Nancy said...

I love the photos, Abby! How fun. In one photo, Avery looks much taller than Alex, but in the other, they look the same height. Congratulations to you, again! We saw our newly adopted Grandson, Koen, again today and he is just beautiful. Like all of our babies and children, of course! Love to all,
Nancy

Amber and Nala said...

I LOVE the pictures and hearing these precious stories. So cute how Avery proclaims they are twins. Justin just noticed I was commenting and said he wants to come see you guys in March or April. Of course, that is if you guys are ready for visitors. :)

The Rogel Family said...

Priceless!

Rebekah Hubley said...

so, so, so cute!!! I love seeing them together!!!

Becky said...

He is adorable! So glad things are going so well.

Dorothy said...

I am so thrilled for your family and I have been praying for all of your adjustments. Tragedy placed a miracle in your lap, and I couldn't be more happy for all of you.