Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Eggs!










So today we did one of our favorite traditions....coloring Easter Eggs. The girls look forward to this every year. I wanted to not boil them and do them raw as not to waste all the eggs since no one ever eats them but Scott laughed at me and suggested we go ahead and splurge. So I boiled the eggs. Good thing because I forgot how many get not-so-gently dropped into the dye or on the floor even.

The girls were thrilled to teach Alex about how to dye eggs. Karis kept asking, "Did they do this at your orphanage Alex? Did they?" To which Alex responded with his blank, confused stare he often gives us when we tell him something. Although I am amazed at how much English he has picked up lately! He never speaks in Creole anymore, which is kind of sad I think. The other day we were at a Birthday party and a little girl who is black was there. Karis says really loud, "LOOK Alex...it's a girl from your orphanage. Do you know her? Do you? Is she your friend?" I was trying to whisper to Karis that she wasn't from GLA but Karis isn't exactly tactful so she kept right on asking.

Anyway...back to the eggs. The kids all had a great time. Only two major spills and they cleaned up quickly. I did make them strip down to their undies for the event as not to ruin their clothes. A fun time for all!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds fun, i need to do too. Do your kids like egg salad sandwiches or deviled eggs? This is a good way to use up the eggs!

Amber and Nala said...

Funny how their worlds are so innocent and small...love that Karis!