Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fishie The Lizard





So for months now Avery has wanted a lizard. This all started because her OT has a lizard that she let her see one time. That's all it took....for a lizard obsession. She begged and begged so we told her if she still wanted one when she turned 4 she could have one. I honestly thought by June she would have forgotten. But no....here we are in September a week and a half until she turns 4 and she still wants one!

So Scott found a deal on one with a cage and everything included, so we decided to buy it for her. There was no way to keep it without her seeing it so we gave it to her early. What a happy girl she is! She loves this little lizard so much. She named it Fishie and she carries it everywhere all day long. She puts it in her bed, she snuggles and kisses it, she carries it in various contraptions, and today I saw her sliding him down the Little People Firehouse ramp. Hmm.....I hope this is a durable lizard!!! I on the other hand am horrified by it and have yet to touch it except through a washcloth. Well I tried one time with bare hands and screamed and dropped it. Not so good. So here you have it...our newest family member!!

3 comments:

Strauss House said...

I too would be horrified - she's so cute with it!

Andrea said...

Didn't see that one coming! Glad it makes her so happy.

Nancy said...

You're a much better mother than I... No reptiles grew up in our home. UGH. ~Aunt Nancy~