Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More Christmas Fun

We have had such a busy, fun month already! Karis participated in the First Grade Teddy Bear Parade. Once again, I hope Hannah got better pictures than me! Why is this the only one I have? You can tell that the children were quite enthralled with the float she made that had a throne for her bear to sit on! What a fun, cute parade this was. I remember when I used to teach thinking how much fun school is for kids and how excited I was for mine to get to go to school. And now here we are!

Another little tradition. Every year, I let each child choose a Christmas cookie they would like to bake with me. It is lots of messiness, but lots of fun. I have not been good about  taking pictures lately! I only have 50% of my children and their baking here! Hailey made oreo truffles with Scott. Karis made thumbprint cookies with our homemade peach jam from this summer, since she loves peach jam. Avery made fudge! And Alex made spritz!

Last week Grandma also came to visit. And I have no pictures!!! I guess we were so busy shopping, going to Great Harvest Bread everyday, drinking coffee, and baking that I forgot! We had so much fun with her, but it was way too quick. She made all my Christmas cut out cookies for this week and the cupcakes for Karis' class party, and individual cakes for a cake walk we went to. It was so nice not to have to do all that baking! We also took the girls out of school one afternoon and went shopping while the wonderful Auntie Hannah was in charge of the preschoolers. It was a great visit! We love her so much and am so thankful she comes to visit us!

No comments: