Monday, February 9, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus 8

So I had a little poll to see what you all thought. I didn't add the choice: I know who they are but I don't watch it. I obviously didn't take poll writing in college. Anyway the reason I asked was because at first I wasn't too into it- frankly there was so much whining and crying that I didn't want to watch it but gradually grew to love it. It gave me hope (my life looks so easy compared to having 8 kids) and it made me laugh.
But as I watch it I am growing a little less enthused by them. It seems Kate talks so awful to Jon and he just accepts it like a little boy in trouble. And she does this in front of their kids. Also some of the ways they talk to and about their kids bother me. But then if someone had a camera on me I am sure there are millions of things I say and do that aren't right and especially with editing could look really bad!
I found this interesting blog about it and after reading it and watching the shows found myself even less into Jon and especially Kate. (Look on the side and it details many of the shows.) I am not saying this blog is all true or that these people aren't a little extreme- but it does provide some interesting insight. I don't know...I'm not going to quit watching it but it did open my eyes to the fact that those kids are being filmed a lot and no one ever asked them if they are OK with that. I think about Madi and her fits and wonder- does she really want the whole world to see her in her worst moments? Anyway....just my deep ramblings for the day. I am curious what you all think though.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I have always been a fan of the show but lately I cringe a little more in the way Kate treats Jon. Especially the recent episode where Jon doesn't use a coupon and give her the receipt. YIKES!! I couldn't believe the way she was talking to him and even worse...he was taking it!! I think the kids are adorable though and big families definitely intrigue me. I do feel bad for poor Maddy. I can't believe they show those fits on TV!! I've noticed she hasn't been on as much though. I'll keep watching for now but we'll see what else happens...

Anonymous said...

I used to love it because it seemed like they were a real family. Now it seems like they have let their fame go to their head, well Kate's head. And we don't have cable anyways, so I never watch it anymore.