Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rewind 19 Years


Yes about 19 years ago I remember my little brother Michael doing this same exact thing. Avery got to the hose and was sweetly filling up the little pool and water table until she discovered the power of holding a running hose! Before we knew it Karis and Maddie were screaming in terror (pretend terror) and running from her. Gracie was going crazy- partly chasing the water and partly trying not to get drenched. And every time I opened the door to come out- she tried to get me too! She had such a delighted look on her face. When water started filling up the deck and running into the house I did what I knew I must. Ran out the front door as fast as I could and ran behind her to turn off the hose. I managed to escape with only a small spray. I will say that the hose activity kept Avery happy and fit-free for a good hour- until it was time to be done. It wasn't pretty but I assured her she could play with the hose again.
Michael was a little more aggressive. He literally stood at the door- it had a large window in it and used the gun thing at the end of a hose to spray and sprayed and sprayed as water seeped in the house. Until one of us got brave enough to run out the other door and turn off the hose. Genetics are a powerful thing. :)
While Avery was terrorizing us all I called my mom and we had a good laugh. We then decided Uncle Mike should take Avery for a week this summer as a little payback....what goes around comes around.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little stinker!

Becky said...

Ha Ha-that is funny