Friday, May 15, 2009

Worms and Throw-Up Pops

Thankfully Avery's flu was short and so far the rest of us have escaped. I am hoping that continues as the weekend is supposed to be really nice and we have lots planned. But I thought I would give a little tid bit of information if your family meets our doom and someone starts throwing up. (Since we have had it about 100 times in the past 6 years of parenting I have managed to get it down to a science.) One of the first things I offer after the girls stop vomiting every hour is a juice Popsicle. (They don't like the pedia lite ones so I just do juice.)

Well the night Avery started in I realized we didn't have any and I didn't feel like running to the store. So I invented my own. Just juice in ice-cube trays with a Popsicle stick. It was actually perfect because they are just the right size- about an ounce. Usually the girls only ate part of the juice Popsicle when they were sick and it always killed me to throw it away but I could hardly eat it or expect someone else to or save it for when they were well because it would risk reinfection I think. Anyway all that to say here is a frugal way to deal with throwing up. We named them "throw-up pops". And no Karis wasn't sick but she still had to have one. On Mondays and Wednesdays for the past few months we have had the pleasure of having Maddie come play for the afternoon. She is so sweet and the girls have so much fun with her. Since last week was so horribly windy I actually (and Sierra was shocked by this) let the girls bring worms and dirt into the house. They had to keep in all on the table but they were thrilled and so entertained! The worms on the other hand....can't imagine what they felt like as 3 little girls squealed and played with them. Maddie name one "Squirmy". Quite appropriate!


4 comments:

Hannah said...

Um, I can't believe you let your kids bring worms into the house! And thanks for the advice on the popsicles. I will write that one down in my book, "Abby's Parenting Tips."

Becky said...

the popsicles sound like a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I tried the popsicles also but Savannah managed to throw them up too. Yeah, she hated the Pedialyte but I can't bare the thought of throwing it away. We bought the $5.00 juice. Take care! Melanie

Andrea said...

I guess this disproves my theory that girls don't want to play with dirt and worms.