A couple random parenting things:
I have taken to saying to Avery, "Avery! Come here right now. One. Two. Three." With the other two girls I rarely got to 3. Therefore I have no plan of what happens when we get to three. But apparently it doesn't matter. Because when I say that Avery responds, "Four! Five! Six! Seven!" Nice...... (I'm sure this is just another sign of her rebellious little heart. Or maybe she's just acting like a 2 year old!)
And as we were on our way to VBS today which by the way is AMAZING. Our whole church is transformed into an outdoor adventure. I am in charge of the 1st grade class so I have the same group of kids I had with Kids club- Kinders who are now going into 1st grade. And I have Avery- I knew she would HATE going to childcare for 3 hours, five days this week so decided to keep her with me. Thankfully we have a very understanding or maybe just desperate children's pastor so she is fine with it. In fact Avery loved it- did the crafts and singing right along with the kids sitting next to Hailey most of the time. It was quite sweet. Until we went into the dark cave. Really did look like a cave so I could understand why she freaked out. In fact as I was praying with her before her nap she said to Jesus, "And help me never to go in the dark cave at BBS again." Anyway....
Avery has had a very minor injury on her knee that has resulted in many freak out sessions over princess band aids. You see band aids aren't made to stay on for weeks at a time....so when one falls off or even starts to pucker it results in hysteria until I quickly rip it off and replace it. Well we ran out of band aids so I had to call Scott and ask him to bring some home. After this phone call Hailey says in her all-knowing- I should be in charge here- voice, "When I'm a grown up and I have kids I am not going to let them always wear band aids because it is very wasteful." Thank you Hailey- I'm sure you will have it all under control when your time comes! Perhaps I should ask her what to do when I get to 3!
4 comments:
HA HA-as they say the ones with the best tools/advice on raising kids are the ones who don't have any yet! She is too funny!
That is hysterical!
I love reading about the kids. Reminds me of the good old days...
I think we might see you more often when you move to Boise! Pretty pathetic, isn't it? Hey, is that Scott on the forest and fish t.v. ad? Hope all is well there, love you guys! Nancy
Oh that Avery! :) Glad you had a fun trip. :)
Post a Comment